Utah State Office of Education
|Utah State Office of Education|
|FY 2012 Budget:||$3.4 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Utah school districts
List of school districts in Utah
Public education in Utah
School board elections portal
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“|| Promises to Keep is a statement of vision and mission for Utah’s system of public education. The statement relies on the language of the Utah Constitution for its central premise. It is intended to provide focus to the work of the State Board of Education, the Utah State Office of Education, and all school districts, local boards of education, and charter schools within the general control and supervision of the Board.
Utah’s Public Education System keeps its constitutional promise by:
The current Superintendent of the Utah State Office of Education is Martell Menlove. His cabinet includes the following staff members:
- Educational Director, School Law and Legislation: Carol Lear
- Executive Director, USOR: Don Uchida
- Internal Auditor: Natalie Grange
- USOE Liaison: Glenna Gallo
- Superintendent, USDB: Steve Noyce
The State Office of Education features several divisions listed below with current administrators:
- Student Services and Federal Programs: Judy Park
- Instructional Services: Brenda Hales
- Business and Operations: Bruce Williams
State Board of Education
The State Board of Education consists of 21 members including 15 elected members and six non-voting representatives. Fifteen members are elected by geographic district to staggered four-year terms during the November general election. Candidates for elected positions are reviewed by a nominating committee and passed to the Governor for placement on the ballot. The six non-voting members include two members of the Utah Board of Regents and one member each from the Utah College of Applied Technology, the Utah State Charter School Board, the Coalition of Minorities Advisory Committee and the Utah School Boards Association. Board members are responsible for appointing the Superintendent of Public Instruction, establishing K-12 graduation standards and coordinating with the Utah State Auditor on reviews of district performance.
The following chart outlines the organizational structure of the Utah State Office of Education:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Utah + State + Office + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Office of Education, "2013 Fingertip Facts," accessed January 21, 2014
- Utah State Office of Education, "Utah State Board of Education Mission," August 7, 2009
- Utah State Office of Education, "Organization Chart," accessed January 21, 2014
- Utah State Office of Education, "Utah State Board of Education Description," accessed February 19, 2014
- Benjamin Wood, KSL, "Governor selects candidates for Utah State Board of Education," June 26, 2012
State of Utah
Salt Lake City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Food | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Utah Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Utah State Office of Education | Utah school districts |