Utah Drug Enforcement Provisions, Initiative B (2000)
The measure was largely funded by out-of-state donors, including the liberal billionaires George Soros (New York), Peter Lewis (Indiana), and John Sperling (Arizona). Together, they outspent opponents of the measure by $560,000.00 to $15,000.
- Restricts government's ability to confiscate property taken from ‘innocent owners' in drug arrests and other crimes.
- Establishes uniform procedures for the forfeiture of property.
- Prohibits use of any asset forfeitures by law enforcement.
- Mandates all asset forfeitures be given to the Utah Uniform School Fund.
- Donors to Initiative B
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for Utah
State of Utah
Salt Lake City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Food | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Utah Chairman of Public Service Commission |