|Evangelos (Van) Argyrakis|
|High school||Omaha Central High School|
|J.D.||Creighton College (1992)|
|Place of birth||Omaha, Nebraska|
- See also: Nebraska attorney general election, 2014
Argyrakis began his campaign for attorney general in 2013 before withdrawing in December 2013 due to other commitments. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
- See also: Attorney General elections, 2010
Argyrakis entered the race for Nebraska Attorney General in 2010 as a Democrat. In 1988, Argyrakis had worked with former US Rep Hal Daub, a Republican, as a paid intern. As time went on, Argyrakis switched to the Democratic Party citing frustrations with the Republican party and former president George W. Bush.  Argyrakis withdrew his candidacy after 3 weeks and switched back to the Republican party.
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2000
Argyrakis ran for Nebraska State Senate in 2000 in District 9.
Argyrakis listed the following goals if elected on his Linked In Profile:
- "Provide skilled assistance to local prosecutors in the prosecution of child abuse cases."
- "Provide education to young people so that they may avoid the trap of excessive student loan debt."
- "Protect our elderly and vulnerable population from internet fraud scams."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Van + Argyrakis + Nebraska + Attorney General"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- 'E-mail communication with Ballotpedia, E-mail with Kristen Mathews, December 28, 2013
- Linked In, Van Argyrakis, accessed July 26, 2013
- Journal Star, Omaha attorney to run for Nebraska Attorney General, January 15, 2010
- Leavenworth Street, Whoops*, February 17, 2013
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |