|North Carolina House Of Representatives District 10|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Braxton owned a tire store, worked as a farm manager and is currently an insurance agent. He is married to Sandra.
- Agriculture Committee, North Carolina House
- Commerce, Small Business, and Entrepreneurship Committee, North Carolina House
- Finance Committee, North Carolina House
- Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs Committee, North Carolina House
- Insurance Committee, North Carolina House
- Local Government II Committee, North Carolina House
- Mental Health Reform Committee, North Carolina House
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 10 (2010)|
|Stephen LaRoque (R)||11,802||57.23%|
|Van Braxton (D)||8,820||42.77%|
Braxton is also trailing LaRoque in polling from May and September. Braxton answered questions about how to handle the state's impending budget shortfall and did not rule out extending the state's temporary one-cent sales tax.
LaRoque filed a defamation lawsuit against Braxton on October 4, 2010. The lawsuit alleges Braxton sent campaign mailers falsely accusing LaRoque of illegal business activities. The mailers also claim LaRoque stole a man's business and home through a foreclosure filing.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 10|
|Van Braxton (D)||15,506|
|Stephen LaRoque (R)||14,565|
In 2008, Braxton collected $241,480 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC HOUSE CMTE||$136,973|
|EAST CAROLINA ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES||$4,000|
|JOE HACKNEY FOR HOUSE CMTE||$4,000|
|CITIZENS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION||$4,000|
|CRITICAL HEALTH SYSTEMS OF NORTH CAROLINA||$3,000|
- Representative Braxton's campaign
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Braxton
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
|North Carolina House - District 10
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |