|Running for Texas State Senate, District 8|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 66|
|2010 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Taylor served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Efficiency & Reform|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Taylor served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Defense & Veterans' Affairs|
|• Human Services|
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Texas State Senate will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Van Taylor was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Scott Jameson is running as a Libertarian candidate.
Taylor ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 66. Taylor ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Taylor won re-election in District 66 in 2010. He defeated Mabrie Jackson in the April 13 Republican primary runoff and was subsequently appointed state representative to serve the remainder of Brian McCall's term after Jackson withdrew from the May 8 special election. Taylor defeated independent Eric Roberson in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 66 |
2010 General election results
|Van Taylor (R)||25,279||100%|
Comprehensive donor information for Taylor is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Taylor raised a total of $1,421,716 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Van Taylor's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Texas State House, District 66||$203,439|
|2010||Texas State House, District 66||$1,218,277|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,421,716|
2012Taylor won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Taylor raised a total of $203,439.
|Texas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Van Taylor's campaign in 2012|
|Taylor, Nicholas C||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$203,439|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Taylor won election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Taylor raised a total of $1,218,277.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Van Taylor's campaign in 2010|
|Empower Texans PAC||$12,799|
|Texans For Lawsuit Reform||$10,000|
|Ryan & Co||$7,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,218,277|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators were graded along a 0 through 100 scale in 2013 and on an A through F grading scale in 2011.
Taylor received a score of 99.9 in the 2013 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
Van Taylor received a grade of A on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- 2011 Taxpayer Champion. Taylor was named a "2011 Taxpayer Champion," which is "the top award presented by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility to legislators based on their rating on the most recent Fiscal Responsibility Index."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Van + Taylor + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Van Taylor's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Taylor
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Texas State Directory Profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 66 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- State Surge profile
- Van Taylor on Facebook
- Van Taylor on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 17, 2014
- Official Texas Election Results
- Dallas News, "Van Taylor appointed to finish Brian McCall's term in Texas House District 66," April 20, 2010
- Follow the Money, "Taylor, Van," accessed July 24, 2013
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index," accessed February 22, 2014
- Empower Texans, "2011 Taxpayer Champions
|Texas House Of Representatives District 66
April 20, 2010-present
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |