|Michigan House of Representatives, District 95|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Assistant Minority Floor Leader, Michigan House of Representatives|
|2015 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
Guerra's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "If elected, Vanessa will carry that concern to Lansing and work to create a more stable and fair funding mechanism for schools in our community. "
- Excerpt: "Vanessa believes in the economic policies that have proven to work—supporting our unions and building a strong middle class to be the foundation of our communities. When the middle class can afford a good standard of living and enjoy security in their economic life then our poorest have an opportunity to work out of poverty and our best and brightest can be rewarded for their labors."
- Excerpt: "We must rebuild our communities, provide the education we owe our children, and then ensure they have access to good living wage jobs when they graduate. Hopelessness breeds crime and Vanessa will work hard in Lansing to provide our children with the hope they deserve."
- Excerpt: "Vanessa knows we need a permanent funding stream for our roads, but she also knows we can’t ask our most vulnerable workers to pay even more money at the pump. Vanessa will work hard to find a solution that protects Michigan families while ensuring the infrastructure we deserve and require."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Vanessa Guerra defeated Norman Braddock in the Democratic primary. Jordan Haskins was unopposed in the Republican primary, but suspended his campaign almost a month prior following reports of his criminal history. Haskins returned to campaigning shortly after the primary, citing the passage of the withdrawal deadline and Guerra's primary victory. Guerra defeated Haskins in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 95 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 95 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Guerra's endorsements included the following:
- Laborers Local 1098
- Iron Workers Local 25
- UA Local 85
- Saginaw County Democratic Party
- IBEW Local 557
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters
- Tri-County Building Trades
- MI List
- Michigan Association of Police Organizations
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vanessa + Guerra + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 95
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House Democrats - State Representative Vanessa Guerra
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Vanessa Guerra on Facebook
- Vanessa Guerra on Twitter
- vanessaguerra.com, "Issues," accessed August 1, 2014
- MLive, "Jordan Haskins 'jumping back in' State House race after quitting amid publicity of his criminal past," August 7, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- vanessaguerra.com, "Endorsements," accessed August 1, 2014
Stacy Erwin Oakes (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |