Ventura County is one of 58 counties in California.
- Main article: Evaluation of California county websites
- The names and contact information for all board of supervisor members is available.
- The agendas and minutes for board of supervisor meetings are published.
- Information on building permits and zoning is available.
- Information on contracts is available.
- The current budget is published.
- Audit reports and tax information is published.
- There is no information on administrative officials and lobbying.
- There is no information on how to obtain public records.
The $3.2 billion pension fund covering thousands of Ventura County government employees posted a 1.3 percent return in the last fiscal year. According to fund directors, the retirement plan is about 80 percent funded, but that could drop due to the poor returns on investments. The unfunded liability is close to $1 billion, officials said. 
Ventura County government is facing deficits of $6 million to $14 million annually over the next three years because of mounting retirement costs. The projections show annual pension contributions will grow from $151.7 million this fiscal year to almost $226 million in 2017-18 - a 49 percent increase. 
- ↑ Board
- ↑ Meetings
- ↑ Permits
- ↑ Contracts
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Financial Documents
- ↑ Ventura County Star, County pension fund fits the trend with flat returns, July 18, 2012
- ↑ Ventura County Star, Rising pension costs creating county budget shortfalls, Nov. 20, 2012