Vermont Agency of Education
|Vermont Agency of Education|
|FY 2013 Budget:||$1.4 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
List of school districts in Vermont
Public education in Vermont
School board elections portal
|“||The State Board and Agency of Education provide leadership, support and oversight to ensure that the Vermont public education system enables each student to be successful.
- General Counsel: Vacant
- Deputy Commissioner and Chief Financial Officer: Bill Talbott
- Deputy Commissioner, Transformation & Innovation: John Fischer
- Education Finance Manager: Vaughn Altemus
- Safe Schools & Equity Consultant: Charles Johnson
- Communications Director: Angela Ross
The Agency of Education has several departments led by the following directors:
- Legal Division: Vacant
- Finance and Administration Division: Bill Talbott
- Business Office: Kathy Flanagan
- School Finance & Administration: Margaret Schelley
- Information & Technology: Brian Townsend
- Transformation & Innovation: John Fischer
- Integrated Support for Learning High School and Adult: Tom Alderman
- Integrated Support for Learning Pre-K to Middle: Karin Edwards
- Educator Quality: Marta Cambra
- General Supervision & Monitoring: Deb Quackenbush
State Board of Education
The State Board of Education consists of 10 members including nine voting members and one non-voting member. Each member is appointed by the Governor and approved by the Vermont State Senate. The non-voting member as well as one voting member are students at Vermont high schools. The non-voting member is a high school junior who moves into a voting position the following year. High school members serve two-year terms and lay members serve six-year terms. The board's responsibilities include oversight of education fund disbursement, adult education programs and K-12 performance standards.
The following chart outlines the organizational structure of the Vermont Agency of Education:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vermont + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont Agency of Education, "Summary of the Annual Statistical Report of Schools," August 15, 2013
- U.S. Department of Education, "2012 EDFacts State Profile," accessed January 21, 2014
- Vermont Agency of Education, "About Us," accessed January 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- 7DT.com, "Meet Rebecca Holcombe, Vermont's New Secretary of Education ," December 4, 2013
- Vermont Agency of Education, "Agency of Education Functional Chart," November 15, 2013
- Vermont Agency of Education, "State Board of Education," accessed February 19, 2014
- Vermont Agency of Education, "Budget Book FY2014," January 2013
State of Vermont
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Board |