For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Vermont Agency of Education
|Vermont Agency of Education|
|FY 2013 Budget:||$1.4 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Vermont school districts
List of school districts in Vermont
Public education in Vermont
School board elections portal
|“||The State Board and Agency of Education provide leadership, support and oversight to ensure that the Vermont public education system enables each student to be successful.
- General Counsel: Vacant
- Deputy Commissioner and Chief Financial Officer: Bill Talbott
- Deputy Commissioner, Transformation & Innovation: John Fischer
- Education Finance Manager: Vaughn Altemus
- Safe Schools & Equity Consultant: Charles Johnson
- Communications Director: Angela Ross
The Agency of Education has several departments led by the following directors:
- Legal Division: Vacant
- Finance and Administration Division: Bill Talbott
- Business Office: Kathy Flanagan
- School Finance & Administration: Margaret Schelley
- Information & Technology: Brian Townsend
- Transformation & Innovation: John Fischer
- Integrated Support for Learning High School and Adult: Tom Alderman
- Integrated Support for Learning Pre-K to Middle: Karin Edwards
- Educator Quality: Marta Cambra
- General Supervision & Monitoring: Deb Quackenbush
State Board of Education
The State Board of Education consists of 10 members including nine voting members and one non-voting member. Each member is appointed by the Governor and approved by the Vermont State Senate. The non-voting member as well as one voting member are students at Vermont high schools. The non-voting member is a high school junior who moves into a voting position the following year. High school members serve two-year terms and lay members serve six-year terms. The board's responsibilities include oversight of education fund disbursement, adult education programs and K-12 performance standards.
The following chart outlines the organizational structure of the Vermont Agency of Education:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vermont + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont Secretary of Education
- Vermont school districts
- Public education in Vermont
- School board elections portal
- Vermont Agency of Education, "Summary of the Annual Statistical Report of Schools," August 15, 2013
- U.S. Department of Education, "2012 EDFacts State Profile," accessed January 21, 2014
- Vermont Agency of Education, "About Us," accessed January 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- 7DT.com, "Meet Rebecca Holcombe, Vermont's New Secretary of Education ," December 4, 2013
- Vermont Agency of Education, "Agency of Education Functional Chart," November 15, 2013
- Vermont Agency of Education, "State Board of Education," accessed February 19, 2014
- Vermont Agency of Education, "Budget Book FY2014," January 2013
State of Vermont
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Board |