Vermont Commissioner of Labor
|Vermont Commissioner of Labor|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2010 FY Budget:||$5,477,966|
|Length of term:||2 years|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||January 2011|
|Other Vermont Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Board|
The current officeholder is Annie Noonan. She first assumed office in 2011.
The Vermont Department of Labor was created on July 1, 2005, through an executive order that merged the Departments of Labor & Industry and Employment & Training.
There are no specific qualifications to hold this office.
There are no term limits imposed on the labor commissioner in Vermont.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the Vermont Commissioner of Labor has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The primary focus of the state department of labor is to provide services that assist businesses, workers and job seekers.
The department consists of the following five divisions:
- Economic and Labor Market Information
- Workers' Compensation and Safety
- Workforce Development
- Workforce Development Council
- Unemployment Insurance and Wages
- See also: Vermont state budget and finances
The budget for the Department of Labor (administration only) in Fiscal Year 2010 was $5,477,966.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Vermont Commissioner of Labor has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Vermont + Commissioner + of + Labor
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Vermont Department of Labor
5 Green Mountain Drive
P.O. Box 488
Montpelier, VT 05601-0488
- Phone: (802) 828-4000
- Fax: (802) 828-4022
- TDD: (802) 828-4203
- Labot.Vermont.gov, "About us," accessed November 28, 2011
- Vermont Department of Labor, "About Us," accessed February 1, 2013
- Vermont Statutes Online, "Title 21, Chapter 1, Section 1," accessed November 28, 2011
- Vermont Department of Finance and Management, "FY10 Appropriations Act (2009, Act 1 special session," accessed April 5, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," accessed December 8, 2014
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," January 31, 2014
- The Council of State Governments, "The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," accessed April 23, 2011