Vermont state executive offices
State executive organization
Executive officials in Vermont are part of a three-pronged government structure that includes state legislators and state judges. Chapter II, Sections 1 through 5 of the Vermont Constitution defines the distribution of powers in the state:
The Commonwealth or State of Vermont shall be governed by a Governor (or Lieutenant-Governor), a Senate and a House of Representatives, in manner and form following:
Supreme Legislature Power
The Supreme Legislative power shall be exercised by a Senate and a House of Representatives.
Supreme Executive Power
The Supreme Executive power shall be exercised by a Governor, or in the Governor's absence, a Lieutenant-Governor.
The judicial power of the State shall be vested in a unified judicial system which shall be composed of a Supreme Court, a Superior Court, and such other subordinate courts as the General Assembly may from time to time ordain and establish.
Department to be Distinct
The Legislative, Executive, and Judiciary departments, shall be separate and distinct, so that neither exercise the powers properly belonging to the others.
The following is a list of state executive offices in Vermont.
- Attorney General of Vermont
- Governor of Vermont
- Lieutenant Governor of Vermont
- Vermont Commissioner of Insurance
- Vermont Commissioner of Labor
- Vermont Public Service Board
- Vermont Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets
- Vermont Secretary of Education
- Vermont Secretary of Natural Resources
- Vermont Secretary of State
- Vermont State Auditor
- Vermont Treasurer
Note: First appointed or First elected will include a date depending on if the officeholder was appointed or elected.
|Candidate ballot access|
|Find detailed information on ballot access requirements in all 50 states and Washington D.C.|
There are no state executive elections in Vermont in 2015.
- Vermont Attorney General election, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State election, 2014
- Vermont down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Vermont gubernatorial election, 2014
- Vermont lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2014
- Vermont state executive official elections, 2014
There were no elections in Vermont in 2013.
- Vermont down ballot state executive elections, 2012
- Vermont gubernatorial election, 2012
- Vermont state executive official elections, 2012
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Vermont + state + government
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found