|Board member, Fox C-6 School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 8, 2014|
|Religion||New Hope Methodist Church|
Vernon Sullivan is a community volunteer that has been involved with several charitable foundations including President of University of Missouri Extension Board and chairman of the Arnold Police Board. He has also served as President of the City of Arnold Public Facilities Corp, member of the Arnold Food Pantry and Arnold Rotary. He has also been a member of the New Hope Methodist Church since 1968.
- See also: Fox C-6 School District elections (2014)
Vernon Sullivan was opposed by incumbent John Laughlin and challengers Dawn Mullins, Mark Jones, Chris Hastings and Robert Gruenewald for three at-large seats in the general election on April 8, 2014.
John Laughlin, Vernon Sullivan and Dawn Mullins defeated three challengers for three positions on the Fox C-6 Board of Education.
|Fox C-6 School District Board of Directors, At Large General Election, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Write In Votes||0.4%||43|
|Source: Jefferson County Missouri County Clerk, "APRIL 8, 2014 GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION RESULTS," accessed February 12, 2014|
Sullivan did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the Missouri Ethics Commission.
Sullivan did not receive any official endorsements for her campaign.
Three seats were up for election on April 5, 2011. John Laughlin, Linda S. Nash and Dan E. Smith defeated four challengers. }}
|Fox C-6 School District Board of Directors, At Large General Election, 2011|
|Nonpartisan||Linda S. Nash||20.5%||2,375|
|Nonpartisan||Dan E. Smith||19%||2,199|
|Nonpartisan||Patrick W. Chisholm||6.6%||759|
|Source: Jefferson County Missouri County Clerk, "APRIL 5, 2011 GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION RESULTS," accessed February 12, 2014|
About the district
- See also: Fox C-6 School District, Missouri
Jefferson County underperformed compared to the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 17.4 percent of Jefferson County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Jefferson County was $54,845 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in Jefferson County was 11.3 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" percentage, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off. Read more about race and ethnicity in the Census here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vernon + Sullivan + Fox + C-6 + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Steve Birmingham, Patch.com Arnold, "Meet Vernon Sullivan — Fox C-6 School Board Candidate," April 1, 2011
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Candidate Information," accessed February 13, 2014
- Jefferson County Missouri County Clerk, "APRIL 5, 2011 GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION RESULTS," accessed February 12, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Jefferson County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Fox C-6 School District Elections|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Chris Hastings • Mark Jones • Incumbent, John Laughlin • Dawn Mullins • Vernon Sullivan|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|