The Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee is a standing committee of the Georgia State Senate.
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Georgia State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Assignments. The Committee on Assignments is made up of the President of the Senate, President Pro Tempore, Majority Leader and two members appointed by the President. Committees are assigned after each election. A majority of members is considered quorum, with "ex officio" members not counting towards quorum but allowed to vote. The President is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
||This committee handles legislation and oversight related to Georgia's Department of Defense, military personnel, Department of Homeland Security, emergency response organizations, and organizations providing service to military veterans.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-1.3(a))
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-3.1(c))
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-1.8)
- ↑ Georgia State Senate, "Senate Veterans, Military and Homeland Security," accessed August 21, 2013
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.