Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives
Per Section 1.8 of the House Rules, committees of the Oklahoma House of Representatives are assigned by the Speaker of the House. The rules do not specify when or how often committees are assigned. The Speaker shall appoint the chair and vice-chair of all standing committees, sub-committees and special committees. The Speaker is an ex officio member with voting rights in all standing, special and joint committees and can be counted for purposes in determining quorum.
See rules: House Rules 2013-2014
|“||Committees and subcommittees are authorized:
1. to maintain a continuous review of the work of the state agencies concerned with their subject areas and the performance of the functions of government within each subject area; 2. to invite public officials, public employees and private individuals to appear before the committees or subcommittees to submit information; 3. to request reports from departments and agencies performing functions reasonably related to the committees’ jurisdictions; 4. to complete the interim projects assigned by the Speaker; and 5. to conduct such other business as directed by the Speaker.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|Veterans and Military Affairs Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (4)||Republican members (6)|
|• Chuck Hoskin||• Gary Banz, Chair|
|• Eric Proctor||• Tommy C. Hardin, Vice-chair|
|• Scott Inman||• John R. Bennett|
|• Paul Wesselhoft||• Ann Coody|
|• David Dank|
|• Randy McDaniel|
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
|Veterans and Military Affairs Members, 2011|
|Democratic members (4)||Republican members (10)|
|• Chuck Hoskin||• Paul Wesselhoft, Chair|
|• Scott Inman||• Lewis Moore, Vice-chair|
|• Eric Proctor||• Gary Banz|
|• Paul D. Roan||• John R. Bennett|
|• Ann Coody|
|• John Enns|
|• Rusty Farley|
|• Randy McDaniel|
|• Dustin Roberts|
|• Aaron Stiles|
The following table describes committee membership for the 2009 legislative session.
|Veterans and Military Affairs Members, 2009|
|Democratic members (6)||Republican members (5)|
|• Neil Brannon||• Rex Duncan|
|• Paul D. Roan||• Don Armes|
|• Chuck Hoskin||• Ann Coody|
|• John Carey||• Mike Christian|
|• Jeannie McDaniel||• Gary Banz|
|• Scott Inman|
- Oklahoma State Legislature, "House Rule 2013-2014," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 1.8)
- Oklahoma State Legislature, "House Rule 2013-2014," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 7.4)
- Oklahoma State Legislature, "House Rule 2013-2014," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 7.13)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.