|Minnesota State Senate, District 24|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jensen served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Vice-chair|
|• Transportation and Public Safety|
Jensen's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Innovate and Improve Education
- Excerpt:"Education starts with the basics and the sooner kids get on the right track the more successful they will likely be. That’s why I support all day kindergarten and early childhood development. These are long term investments that make for stronger communities."
Strengthen Local Business
- Excerpt:"Local business owners are risk takers who step out to create a product or service. When they are successful they will create jobs. I want to encourage reasonable risk and remove barriers to success."
Inspire Efficiencies in Government
- Excerpt:"As a small business owner, and tri-chair of the city efficiency task force, I know there are many aspects of government which can, and should be run more like a business. Capturing efficiencies where ever possible saves money and encourages faith in the system."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Jensen ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 24. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Vern Swedin (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Jensen is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Jensen raised a total of $34,931 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 20, 2013.
|Vicki Jensen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota Senate, District 24||$34,931|
|Grand Total Raised||$34,931|
2012Jensen won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Jensen raised a total of $34,931.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vicki Jensen's campaign in 2012|
|3rd Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party New||$2,000|
|Waseca County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$1,500|
|Laborers District Council of Minnesota & North Dakota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$34,931|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Vicki + Jensen + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "vickijensen," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 25, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Jensen, Vicki," accessed December 20, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Julie Rosen (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|