|Vermont House Of Representatives Orleans-Caledonia-1|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Strong has been a meeting leader for Weight Watchers since 1999. She worked with her husband in church ministry while home-schooling her children. She studied Bible and missions at Le-Tourneau University and Sterling College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Strong served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Strong served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health Care|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Orleans-Caledonia has two representatives. Incumbent Sam Young and Chris Braithwaite are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Vicki Strong and Devin Small are unopposed in the Republican primary.
Strong won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Orleans-Caledonia. Strong was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Vicki Strong ran for the Vermont House of Representatives Orleans-Caledonia 1 in 2010. She ran against Linda Johnson and Patricia Russell in the Republican primary on August 24, 2010. She was opposed by Sam Young (D), Linda Johnson (R), Nancy Potak (P), and John Rogers (D) in the November 2, 2010 general election. According to unofficial results Stong won one of the two seats in the district, but as of November 15 a recount is pending.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Orleans-Caledonia 1 General Election (2010)|
|Vicki Strong (R)||1,244|
|Sam Young (D)||1,125|
|John Rogers (D)||1,122|
|Linda Johnson (R)||1,043|
|Nancy Potak (Vermont Progressive Party)||916|
Comprehensive donor information for Strong is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Strong raised a total of $6,283 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Vicki Strong's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Orleans-Caledonia||$1,931|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Orleans-Caledonia-1||$4,352|
|Grand Total Raised||$6,283|
2012Strong won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Strong raised a total of $1,931.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vicki Strong's campaign in 2012|
|Caledonia County Republican Cmte||$150|
|Campaign Research Center||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$1,931|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, when Strong first won election to the House, she collected $4,352 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House Republican PAC||$400|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Jim Douglas for Governor||$250|
|Mr. & Mrs. C Paul Slater||$250|
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Strong voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Strong was a Board Member of Vermont Fallen Families (Gold Star Families) from 2009-2010. Her son, Jesse, was killed in action on January 26, 2005. She and her husband, Nathan, a pastor, have two other children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vicki + Strong + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont State House Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Biographies of Vermont State Representatives and Senators
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Strong, Vicki," accessed September 24, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Candidate summary," accessed July 4, 2011
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013