|New Mexico House of Representatives District 50|
|November 1, 2013-present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Albuquerque City Council|
|Bachelor's||University of New Mexico|
|Place of birth||Los Lunas, NM|
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Vickie Perea was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Matthew McQueen was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Perea and McQueen will face off in the general election.
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Perea ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico State Senate District 30. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent David Ulibarri (D) ran against three opponents in the Democratic primary. She was defeated by Clemente Sanchez in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico State Senate, District 30, General Election, 2012|
Perea has been given an "A" rating by the NRA.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
Perea and her husband, Serafin, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Vickie + Perea + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money
- www.sfreporter.com/, "Governor Picks Republican Vickie Perea To Fill Vacant State House Seat," accessed January 17, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014
- Vickie4nmsenate.com, "Vickie Perea receives "A" rating from NRA," accessed September 10, 2012(Archived)
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014
Stephen P. Easley (D)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 50
November 1, 2013-present
| Succeeded by|