Victor C. Horne
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Horne's professional experience includes being an ordained minister in the state of Illinois for nearly 20 years, as bible teacher at the Cook County Jail, as a Sunday school teacher and as a Compliance Investigator for the State of Illinois Department of Agriculture for more than fifteen years. Horne served in the United States Army during the Vietnam war.
In an article with Champion News, Horne said that if he is elected his, "...first priority will be to advocate for economic growth. This will start with an overall push for fiscal responsibility, a reduction in our spending, and demanding integrity and accountability from our leaders.
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Frances Ann Hurley ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Victor C. Horne ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Hurley and Horne will face off in the general election.
Horne and his wife, Barbara, have four children and thirteen grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Victor + Horne + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- www.championnews.net, "Candidate Victor C. Horne – House District 35," accessed February 24, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |