|Oregon House of Representatives District 18|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Warner Pacific College, 1975|
|Master's||University of South Carolina, 1982|
|Birthday||July 21, 1953|
|Place of birth||Dover, OH|
Since 2008, Gilliam has been involved with the Precinct Committee of the Marion County Republican Party.
Gilliam earned his bachelor's degree from Warner Pacific College in 1975 and his M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration from the University of South Carolina in 1982. His professional experience includes work as a development officer, first at Willamette University and later at Oregon Health Sciences University. From 1976 to 1981, Gilliam worked as a legislative aide for United States senator Mark O. Hatfield. Two years later, in 1983, he began working for Foundation, the International Youth Foundation, and Mercy Corporation until 2003. Since then, he has been self employed.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gilliam served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education and Workforce Development|
|• Human Services and Housing|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gilliam served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy, Environment and Water|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gilliam served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Communities|
|• Consumer Protection|
|• Sustainability and Economic Development|
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Scott Mills was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Incumbent Victor Gilliam defeated David Darnell in the Republican primary. Mills and Gilliam will face off in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 18 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Victor Gilliam Incumbent||58.7%||3,574|
Gilliam won re-election in the 2012 election for Oregon House of Representatives District 18. Gilliam was unopposed in the May 15 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Gilliam won re-election to District 18 in 2010. He had no primary opposition but was challenged by Rodney Orr (D) and Martin Soehrman (L) in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Oregon State House, District 18|
|Victor Gilliam (R)||14,558|
|Rodney Orr (D)||7,919|
|Martin Soehrman (L)||489|
|Oregon State House District 18|
|Victor Gilliam (R)||14,921|
Comprehensive donor information for Gilliam is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Gilliam raised a total of $657,434 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|Victor Gilliam's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State House, District 18||$131,190|
|2010||Oregon State House, District 18||$152,564|
|2008||Oregon State House, District 18||$373,680|
|Grand Total Raised||$657,434|
2012Gilliam won re-election to the Oregon State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Gilliam raised a total of $131,190.
|Oregon State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Victor Gilliam's campaign in 2012|
|Combs, Gary L.||$10,420|
|Oregon Healthcare Association||$10,000|
|Doctors for Healthy Communities||$5,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$131,190|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Gilliam won re-election to the Oregon State House in 2010. During that election cycle, Gilliam raised a total of $152,564.
|Oregon State House 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Victor Gilliam's campaign in 2010|
|Combs, Gary L.||$7,000|
|Oregon Healthcare Association||$6,500|
|Northwest Grocery Association||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$152,564|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Gilliam won re-election to the Oregon State House in 2008. During that election cycle, Gilliam raised a total of $373,680.
|Oregon State House 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Victor Gilliam's campaign in 2008|
|Oregon Victory PAC||$20,000|
|Promote Oregon Leadership PAC||$18,508|
|Dalton Public Relations||$17,233|
|Friends of Fred Girod||$17,051|
|Northwest Grocery Association||$16,920|
|Total Raised in 2008||$373,680|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Victor Gilliam was born July 21, 1953, in Dover, Ohio and subsequently raised in Silverton, Oregon. He and his wife, Becky, have three children.
- Member/Sponsor, Agros International Nicaraguan Family Farm Cooperative, present
- Member, Molalla Area Chamber of Commerce, present
- Member, Mount Angel Chamber of Commerce, present
- Member, National Federation of Independent Business, present
- Associate Member, Oregon Farm Bureau, present
- Member, Silverton Area Chamber of Commerce, present
- Board Member, Victim Offender Reconciliation Program of Marion County, present
- Assistant Coach, Rex Putnam Community Basketball League, 2001
- Member, Strategic Planning Advisory Committee to Salem School Superintendents, 1987-1991
- Director, Emmanuel Fellowship-Salem Prison Ministry, 1987-1990
- Member, Salem Area Young Life Committee, 1985-1988
- Member, Willamette Valley Development Officers, 1984-1989
- Volunteer, American for International Aide and Adoption, 1984-1986
- Director, Campaign Cabinet for United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley, 1983
- Director, Portland Rose Festival Association, 1979-1981.
- Member, Oregon Consumer Protection Committee, present
- Member, Oregon House Committee on Rural Policy, present
- Member, Oregon House Services and Womens Wellness Committee, present
- Member, Strategic Planning Advisory Council of Salem-Keizer School District, 1987-1991
- Board Member, Victim Offender Reconciliation Program of Marion County, 1986-1988
- Oregon Educational Coordinating Council, 1974-1975.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Victor + Gilliam + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Victor Gilliam on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Gilliam," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate Filings for the House," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2010 Oregon State House Primary Election Results," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2008 Oregon State House Primary Election Results," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2008 House General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Gilliam, Vic," accessed June 13, 2013
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 18
| Succeeded by|