|New Jersey General Assembly District 11|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University|
|Place of birth||Neptune, NJ|
Gopal is a small business owner. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Northern Monmouth Chamber of Commerce and was elected to a three-year term as President of the Hazlet Business Owners Association in 2010. He earned his B.A. from Pennsylvania State University.
Gopal was a candidate for District 11 of the New Jersey General Assembly. He was defeated in the November 8 general election. He and Marilyn Schlossbach ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. However, Hurricane Irene affected Schlossbach's business, and she withdrew from the race. She was replaced on the Democratic ticket by Kathleen Horgan.
District 11 was reshaped to become a minority opportunity district. While NJSpotlight predicts a win for the GOP ticket, PolitickerNJ notes that the Asbury Park Press endorsement of Gopal (D) may increase hwas chances of election. Jennifer Beck (R) and Caroline Casagrande (R) were also endorsed--APP declined to endorse Raymond Santiago (D), Kathleen Horgan (D), and Mary Pat Angelini (R). In addition, the Democratic challengers in District 11 have raised over $100,000.
Gopal was endorsed by:
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- District 11 Democrats, Campaign Site
- District 11 Democrats, Facebook Page
- Vin Gopal, LinkedIn Profile
- Vin Gopal, Campaign Twitter Feed
- Politicker NJ, "Gopal wants to run for Assembly in LD 11," April 8, 2011
- The Hub, "Red Bank councilwoman nominated for state Assembly," September 22, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- PolitickerNJ, "New Jersey Legislative Forecast," November 1, 2011
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- Politicker NJ, "2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates," accessed August 5, 2011