|Governor of Missouri|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Washburn Rural High School (1973)|
|Bachelor's||Missouri State University (1997)|
Jennings was an Independent candidate for election to the U.S. House representing the 7th Congressional District of Missouri. He dropped out of the race on November 20, 2013, and gave his endorsement to Jim Evans.
Jennings is the son of an Air Force family. In 1973, he graduated from Washburn Rural High School in Topeka, Kansas. Following graduation, he worked as a missionary until 1977. He then worked in the pizza business and attended the Longview campus of Metropolitan Community College in Missouri in 1981.
In 1983, Jennings moved to Springfield, Missouri, where he served on the board of the Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation in 1986. He opened an antique shop in 1992 and began attending Missouri State University in 1993. In 1997, he graduated with a B.S. in economics and a minor in business. Jennings then ran in Missouri state and local elections. He also worked for the Springfield-News Leader for two years, eBay in 1999 and Amazon.com in 2001. Jennings wrote, directed and produced the movie Abbey of Thelema in St. Louis, Missouri. In this film, Jennings detailed his seven-year inovlvement with a religious cult and subsequent time as a cult exit counselor.
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Vince Jennings was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mike Moon defeated Julie Ruzicka in the Republican primary. Moon faced Jennings in the general election. Incumbent Moon defeated Jennings in the general election.
|Missouri House of Representatives District 157, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Mike Moon Incumbent||76.1%||6,407|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 157 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Mike Moon Incumbent||55.1%||3,308|
Jennings ran unsuccessfully for county assessor in 2000.
In 1974, Jennings married Sally Knipple. They later divorced, and he married Elaine Keithley in 1984. They also divorced. Jennings and Kathryn Keithley married in 2012. Jennings is the father of nine children and has nine grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vincent + Jennings + Missouri + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Governor of Missouri
- Missouri House of Representatives
- Missouri House of Representatives District 157
- Missouri House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Missouri State Legislature
- Missouri's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Missouri elections, 2014
- Information received in email from Vincent Jennings on March 9, 2015
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Elections: Offices Filed in Candidate Filing," accessed April 11, 2014
- Facebook, "Vincent Jennings for Congress," November 20, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on October 12, 2013
- Facebook, "Vince Jennings for Congress," accessed October 23, 2013
- IMDb, "Abbey of Thelema," accessed October 23, 2013
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results-State of Missouri-General-November 4, 2014: Unofficial Results," November 8, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |