|New Jersey General Assembly District 32|
|2004 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Profession||Construction Code Official, Secaucus|
Prieto earned his certifications in Construction Code Technology from Middlesex Community College and Fire Code Technology from Bergen Community College. His professional experience includes working as a construction code official in Secaucus.
- Regulated Professions (Chair)
- Homeland Security and State Preparedness
- Transportation, Public Works and Independent Authorities
- A343 Provides tuition-free enrollment at New Jersey public colleges to certain members of the State Police.
- A1331 Authorizes Casino Control Commission to permit Atlantic City casinos to offer Internet casino gambling.
- A1391 "New Jersey Health Information Technology Act"; establishes New Jersey Health Information Technology Commission and Office for e-HIT, and provides for Statewide health information technology plan.
- A1956 "New Jersey Financial Information Privacy Act."
Prieto won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 32. Prieto was bracketed with Angelica Jimenez and defeated Mayra Dominguez and Ines P. Serna in the June 4 Democratic primary. He and incumbent Angelica Jimenez (D) defeated Maria Malavasi-Quartello (R) and Lee Marie Gomez (R) in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013. 
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 32, Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Vincent Prieto Incumbent||44.9%||9,542|
|Angelica Jimenez Incumbent||43.7%||9,291|
Prieto won re-election in 2011. He and Angelica Jimenez defeated Francisco Torres in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Ronald Tarolla, Michael Bartulovich, Saleh Awadalla, and April Tricoli-Busset in the November 8 general election.
Running for re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election, Prieto received 21,641 votes (48%), defeating Politicians are Crooks candidate Herbert H. Shaw. He was bracketed with Joan Quigley.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Thirty-Second Legislative District (2009)|
|Vincent Prieto (D)||23,061|
|Joan Quigley (D)||22,932|
Comprehensive donor information for Prieto is available dating back to 2005. Based on available campaign finance records, Prieto raised a total of $1,076,941 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Vincent Prieto's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 32||$305,019|
|2009||New Jersey General Assembly, District 32||$365,318|
|2007||New Jersey General Assembly, District 32||$239,853|
|2005||New Jersey General Assembly, District 32||$166,751|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,076,941|
2011Prieto won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Prieto raised a total of $305,019.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vincent Prieto's campaign in 2011|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 274||$8,300|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$7,900|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$5,350|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$5,250|
|Total Raised in 2011||$305,019|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2009Prieto won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2009. During that election cycle, Prieto raised a total of $365,318.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2009 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vincent Prieto's campaign in 2009|
|New Jersey Association of Realtors||$12,200|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$9,600|
|Liberty Board of Realtors||$8,700|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 274||$7,700|
|New Jersey Funeral Directors Association||$6,750|
|Total Raised in 2009||$365,318|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2007Prieto won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2007. During that election cycle, Prieto raised a total of $239,853.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2007 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vincent Prieto's campaign in 2007|
|Liberty Board of Realtors||$10,400|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$10,000|
|North Bergen Democratic Municipal Cmte||$8,974|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 14||$5,950|
|New Jersey Education Association||$5,900|
|Total Raised in 2007||$239,853|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2005Prieto won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2005. During that election cycle, Prieto raised a total of $166,751.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2005 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vincent Prieto's campaign in 2005|
|Hudson County Democratic Organization||$26,592|
|North Bergen Democratic Municipal Cmte||$7,667|
|Team Elwell Cmte||$7,200|
|New Jersey Association of Realtors||$4,000|
|New Jersey Education Association||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2005||$166,751|
|Source:Follow the Money|
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
In 2011, Prieto’s endorsements included the following:
Prieto and his wife, Marlene, have two children: Amanda and Vincent Andrew.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Vincent + Prieto + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Essex County Executive Joe DiVincenzo's Re-Election Campaign Backed by ... - TheAlternativePress.com
- Ascension to Speaker County politico will be a leading voice of state's lower ... - The Hudson Reporter
- SECAUCUS BRIEFS - Hudson Reporter
- West New York students played reporters, interviewing local officials - The Jersey Journal - NJ.com
- Prieto in favor of Assembly DREAM Act proposal mirroring Senate version - PolitickerNJ
- Breaking their hearts Legislators, union workers rally in support of 'Angelie ... - The Hudson Reporter
- ?Ask the Governor? this week had Chris Christie talking Atlantic City casino ... - NorthJersey.com (blog)
- WNY students get hands-on lesson reporting about local government - NJ.com
- School 3 in West New York renamed after Sen. Robert Menendez - NJ.com
- Senator Menedez: "No better tribute" to have West New York's School 3 ... - The Jersey Journal - NJ.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- New Jersey General Assembly - Rep. Vincent Prieto
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Prieto
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005
- Vincent Prieto on Facebook
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Smith
- ↑ New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- ↑ New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," August 28, 2013
- ↑ Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- ↑ Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Prieto, Vincent" Accessed August 27, 2013
- ↑ PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections", Accessed September 4, 2013
- ↑ Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
- ↑ Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |