|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Synowicz's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs and Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "As you next state representative, I will: Work to lower the tax burden on small businesses as well as individuals all across the state by replacing the current tax code with one that encourages hard work and success. Some folks in Madison seem to have forgotten it is your hard-earned money, not theirs."
- Excerpt: "As your next state representative, I will: Sponsor legislation establishing a system of Education Savings Accounts for children across the state of Wisconsin. ESA's provide parents with the funds to cover the cost of sending their child to a school where they are more likely to get the knowledge and skills they will need to be competitive in today's economy as well as the opportunity to save for and invest in their child's college education."
- Excerpt: "As your next state representative, I will: Work to offer a comprehensive overhaul of our state's tax code. Any overhaul should lower tax rates across the board and encourage success, not punish it."
- Excerpt: "I will work to provide the City of Milwaukee with the resources it needs clean up our neighborhoods and keep them that way. I will work with local leaders, from neighborhood associations to elected officials, to make sure we are really listening to residents and understanding what types of changes, preservations, or services people want to see in their neighborhoods."
Finance and Budgeting
- Excerpt: "I will take a common sense approach to budgeting as your next state representative. Families across the State of Wisconsin are required to balance their budgets in order to remain prosperous, and so should government. Government should never spend more than it takes in. Doing so only leaves taxpayers and our state's economy in jeopardy."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent JoCasta Zamarripa defeated Laura Manriquez in the Democratic primary. Vincent Synowicz was unopposed in the Republican primary. Zamarripa faced Synowicz in the general election. Incumbent Zamarripa defeated Synowicz in the general election, and was re-elected to another term.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 8 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||JoCasta Zamarripa Incumbent||80.2%||5,155|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|JoCasta Zamarripa Incumbent||60.7%||679|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Vincent + Synowicz + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Vincent Synowicz on Facebook
- Vincent Synowicz on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Synowicz for Assembly, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2014
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |