North Carolina House of Representatives, District 40
Rhineheart ran in the 2010 election for North Carolina State House District 40. Rhineheart was defeated by Republican Marilyn Avila in the general election on November 2, 2010. Rhineheart was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on May 4, 2010.
Rhineheart's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a lifelong educator, I will place an emphasis on needed funding of our North Carolina Educational System and in finding common sense solutions to meet its needs. We must continue to offer the best programs in education, engineering, medical and technical fields to have college and career ready citizens to insure our and our children's future."
- Excerpt: "Our state can also help stimulate business by approving tax incentives, such as re-enacting credits for investing in business property and small business employee health benefits."
- Excerpt: "I recognize the importance of protecting and preserving our resources, from the mountains to the sea. Clean air, clean water, and highways clear of litter are vital to our continuing to attract people and business to our state."
- Violet Rhineheart's official campaign website
- North Carolina Department of Elections
- Official Project Vote Smart Bio