|Montana House of Representatives, District 52|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Montana State University|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Court earned her B.S. in Biology from Montana State University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Court served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Fish, Wildlife and Parks|
|• Legislative Administration|
|• Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Court served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Fish, Wildlife, and Parks|
|• Natural Resources|
Court's website highlighted the following campaign themese:
I have and will continue to support and push for legislation that supports a sound economy, a good education system, and clean water and air. I believe small businesses serve as the backbone of our state’s economy by creating and providing jobs. I started and operated a successful small business in Montana for 25 years. I know firsthand what it takes to keep this vital segment of our economy strong and growing. My business experience is needed at the state legislature to make the tough decisions to get our Montana economy moving again.
Court won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 52. Court ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Kassidy Olson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Virginia Court Incumbent||61.8%||2,122|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 52 General Election (2010)|
|Virginia Court (D)||1,403|
|Bruce Reierson (R)||1,255|
Comprehensive donor information for Court is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Court raised a total of $39,297 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 8, 2013.
|Virginia Court's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 52||$15,478|
|2010||Montana House, District 52||$23,819|
|Grand Total Raised||$39,297|
2012Court won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Court raised a total of $15,478.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Virginia Court's campaign in 2012|
|Yellowstone County Democratic Central Committee||$800|
|Sample, Joseph S.||$160|
|Billings Fire Fighters Local 521||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$15,478|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Court was up for election, she collected $23,819 in donations.
No contributions to his campaign were over $1,000.
Court and her husband, Jim, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Virginia + Court + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- After Sidney teacher's murder, suspect's trial in doubt - The Missoulian
- After teacher's death, suspect's day in court in serious doubt - Williston Daily Herald
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences - Castanet.net
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor - Castanet.net
- After Montana teacher's death, suspect's trial in doubt - Salt Lake Tribune
- HUFFPOST HILL, sponsored by API - John McCain Saves Baby From Being ... - Huffington Post
- States Losing Billions In Refusing To Expand Medicaid - WITN
- Supreme Court's pass on sales tax challenge worries NH anti-tax advocates - Nashua Telegraph
- Law Expert on Task Force for Native Kids - Indian Country Today Media Network
- The Best Tourist Attraction In Every State - Business Insider Australia
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- ↑ Virginia Court, Democrat for House District 52, home page, retrieved October 16, 2012.
- ↑ Montana Secretary of State - 2012 Candidate Filing List
- ↑ Montana Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Court, Virginia." Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
Arlene Becker (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 52
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |