For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Virginia Independent Redistricting Commission Amendment (2016)
|Not on ballot|
One Virginia 2021: Virginians for Fair Redistricting is sponsoring the measure. The organization was founded by Leigh B. Middleditch, Jr. They initiated a twofold campaign: (1) to convince the public that redistricting reform is needed in Virginia and (2) to lobby the state legislature to pass a constitutional amendment.
- Sen. Bryce E. Reeves (R-17)
- Former Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (R)
- Former Rep. Shannon Valentine (D-23)
- James E. Ukrop, businessman
- Former Rep. Shannon Valentine (D-23) said, "When districts are drawn for political purposes, the result is often gridlock with very little accountability and a notably few number of elections whose outcome is even in doubt. Voters begin to feel as though they are left out of the process."
Path to the ballot
- See also: Amending the Virginia Constitution
A majority vote is required in two successive sessions of the Virginia General Assembly for an amendment to be placed on the ballot.
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|