|U.S. House, Illinois, District 10|
|High school||Libertyville High School|
|J.D.||The John Marshall Law School|
|Place of birth||Columbus, Ohio|
Bavda was born in Columbus, Ohio. Bavda attended Winkleman Elementary School in Glenview, Illinois. In 1987, the Bavda family moved to Mundelein where he enrolled at Hawthorn schools and Libertyville High School. Bavda attended Northwestern University, receiving a B.A. in political science and economics. He holds a J.D. from The John Marshall Law School.
Bavda is currently an attorney with a general private law practice.
Bavda listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Creating Jobs
- Financial Regulation
- Environmental Stewardship and Addressing Climate Change
- Foreign Policy
- Veterans and Members of the Armed Forces
Bavda ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Illinois' 10th District. Bavda sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011. The primary took place on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Robert Dold sought re-election on the Republican ticket.
Candidate Brad Schneider defeated Bavda and other Democratic candidates Ilya Sheyman and John Tree in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Robert Dold ran unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012.Dold faced Schneider in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 10 Democratic Primary, 2012|
- Campaign Website
- Bavda for Congress Facebook Page
- Vivek Bavda's Twitter Account
- Vivek Bavda's YouTube Channel
- ABC News 7, "Election Results Primary 2012," accessed March 20, 2012 (dead link)
- Vivek Bavda for Congress, "Meet Vivek" accessed January 14, 2012
- Vivek Bavda for Congress, "Issues" accessed December 28, 2011
- Buffalo Grove Patch, "Third Democrat Enters 10th Congressional Race" accessed December 5, 2011
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |