|Alabama State Senate District 33|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||17|
|Minority Leader, Alabama State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of New Haven|
|Birthday||January 24, 1957|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
Figures has served as Minority Leader since 2013.
Figures received a Bachelor's degree from the University of New Haven in Connecticut.
Figures served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Children, Youth Affairs and Human Resources Committee
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Local Legislation No. 3 Committee
- Reapportionment Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Rules Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Trip Pittman is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Figures won re-election to the 33rd District Seat in 2010. She defeated Herman Thomas in the primary, receiving 6,572 votes to Thomas' 3,441. She then defeated Brad Moser in the November 2 general election.
|Alabama State Senate, District 33 General election (2010)|
|Vivian Figures (D)||23,241|
|Brad Moser (R)||8,419|
|Alabama State Senate, District 33 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Vivian Figures (D)||6,572|
|Herman Thomas (D)||3,441|
Figures raised $132,500 for her campaign, while Jones raised $6,986.
|Alabama State Senate, District 33 (2006)|
|Vivian Figures (D)||19,029|
|Jeffery Jones (R)||7,594|
Figures raised $81,700 for her campaign.
In 2010, Figures raised $242,533 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$25,310|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$15,000|
|Alabama Trial Lawyers Association||$15,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$12,500|
In 2006, Figures collected $132,500 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Power Co||$10,000|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$10,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$10,000|
|Milton E. McGregor||$10,000|
|Alabama Senate Democratic Caucus||$9,000|
Figures has three children. She resides in Mobile, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Vivian + Figures + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator. Vivian Figures News Feed
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator Vivian Davis Figures
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography for Senator Vivian Davis Figures
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Vivian Figures for Senate on Facebook
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Democratic Primary results
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama Senate spending, 2006
- 2002 election results, Alabama
- Alabama Senate spending, 2002
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Vivian Figures
Michael A. Figures
|Alabama State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|