|U.S. House, Florida, District 25|
|Birthday||September 30, 1980|
|Place of birth||Miami, FL|
VoteforEddie.Com's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Social Security & Medicare
- Excerpt: "Social security and Medicare need a recalibration to face the current economical realities. Older Americans should not bear the brunt of this as they have put so much into the system already and deserve the benefits promised to them."
- Tea Party & Occupy Wall Street
- Excerpt: "Listing these two movements in the same breath is odd and the idea that they may be able to work toward a common goal borders on the incomprehensible. Nevertheless, I will try to align their interests to do what is best for America through the implementation of my National Energy Security Act (NESA)."
- Energy Independence
- Excerpt: "The first bill that I plan on bringing to the floor of Congress will be The National Energy Security Act, ("NESA"), which will be funded by allotting half of the current 18.4 cents per gallon federal gasoline tax to a renewable energy initiative. Using the funds generated from the allotment, which equal almost one billion dollars per month, I would have experts from all fields of science, energy & technology develop and implement a plan to free our country from a dependence on fossil fuels as quickly as possible."
- Tax cuts
- Excerpt: "The second bill called the Tax Relief for Emergency services, Armed forces & Teachers ("TREAT") act. The TREAT act will allow our uniformed men and women who put their life on the line everyday to be rewarded by paying less tax. Teachers are educating your children, and police and firemen are risking their lives to protect our citizens yet they are constantly facing salary freezes and budget cutbacks."
- Gay & Lesbian Issues
- Excerpt: "I fully support same sex marriage. I believe responsible adults can enter into whatever loving relationship they so choose and receive the same benefits as any "straight couple" would under the eyes of the law."
VoteforEddie.Com ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Florida's 25th District. VoteforEddie.Com sought the nomination on the Independent ticket. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of June 8, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012. He was defeated by Mario Diaz-Balart in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 25 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mario Diaz-Balart Incumbent||75.6%||151,466|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 25, 2012 - VoteforEddie.Com Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$852,973|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$769,587|
|Top contributors to VoteforEddie.Com's campaign committee|
|Clara Macias, Dmd||$2,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Printing & Publishing||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term " VoteforEddie.Com + Florida + House'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |