W. Michael Trout
|W. Michael Trout|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Florida, District 21|
|Place of birth||Gamboa, Panama|
Trout referred to himself as a lifelong Democrat who sought election as a Progressive Independent.
Trout stated the following about his political philosophy in an email to Ballotpedia:
- The candidate holds the Foreclosure Crisis out as the single most important item on his legislative agenda, and proposes a simple and sweeping remedy -- calling for a permanent ban on foreclosures of any primary residence. Trout also advocates for an Adequate Single Term Limit on all elective offices, starting with federal offices. "If a term is adequate, there is never a good reason for a sitting official drawing a full time salary to be distracted with campaign activities such as fundraising, when (s)he should be focused on the business of the people," he says. Trout's proposal includes extending the term of a house member to 4 years, from 2; the term of the senate to 8 years from 6, and the term of the presidency to 6 years, from 4. "We don't elect a president in this country for a 4 year term, but for a two year term, and a two year campaign. The 2012 two (2) year presidential campaign cycle has been as acrimonious as any I have seen in my life," he said, "and has divided the people of the country in such an unprecedented way.""
Trout was defeated by Theodore E. Deutch (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Trout ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 21st District. Trout sought election as a Progressive Independent. Trout qualified for the ballot by submitting 2,298 signatures of registered Florida voters to the Secretary of State on June 8, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 21 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Theodore E. Deutch Incumbent||77.8%||221,263|
|Independent||W. Michael Trout||13.3%||37,776|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Trout + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Yanks say Cano got respect, just not $200 million - Knoe.com
- Let's Make Sure 2014 Isn't an "Annus Horribilis" - Huffington Post Canada
- Why Is Environment Canada Shutting Out the Media? - Huffington Post Canada
- John Podesta Is Recusing Himself From Keystone XL, While The Company That ... - Huffington Post
- Stop Smearing Canada's Environmental Record - Huffington Post Canada
- 2013 Journal Star Small-School All-Star Football Team - Peoria Journal Star
- First Nations Energy Industry Poll Finds Deep Distrust - Huffington Post Canada
- Pasco real estate listings for Dec. 4 - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Canadians Have the Right to Live in a Healthy Environment - Huffington Post Canada
- Climate Change Kills, So Charge Canada With Homicide - Huffington Post Canada
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 21st Congressional District
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- SunSentinel.com, "Deutch and challengers campaign against money in politics," October 2, 2012
- Move To Amend's Proposed 28th Amendment to the Constitution
- Change.org Petition, "TAKE AMERICA OUT OF FORECLOSURE :: AN ACT OF FORBEARANCE"
- Change.org Petition, "Serve at the Pleasure of the People :: SINGLE TERM Limits"
- Change.org Petition, "HEY CONGRESS :: TIE MY SALARY TO YOUR SALARY"
- Change.org Petition, "This call will be recorded for quality assurance purposes :: GIVE ME A COPY"
- Change.org Petition, "FIX Our HOAs :: MANDATE TRANSPARENCY IN OUR MOST LOCAL OF GOVERNMENTS"
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |