Evaluating the website
- The website for Waco Texas includes the names and contact information of all city council members.
- City council meeting agendas are published.
- A budget summary is provided.
- The procedure for filing open records requests is also published.
- The full budget is not published.
- City council meeting schedules and minutes are not available.
The Waco Police Department recently refused to answer FOIA requests from the student newspaper at Baylor University, saying that it would not release the information until the case was brought to court. This is not a condition of the Texas Public Information Act.
- Main article: Texas government sector lobbying
- Main article: Texas Municipal League members list
- City Council
- Budget summary
- Open Records
- The Lariat Online, Editorial: When we're stonewalled, the public loses, too, Oct. 12, 2010
- Texas Watchdog, Waco Police Department withholds arrest record from The Lariat at Baylor University, Oct. 12, 2010