Waldo County is one of sixteen counties in Maine. Waldo County is located in south central Maine. The estimated county population is 36,280. Belfast is the county seat.
- Main article: Evaluation of Maine county websites
This evaluation was last updated on: an unknown date.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 14 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Department heads are listed for each department on department pages
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number and personalized email address.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, term information, and phone number.
- Personalized email addresses are provided for all elected officials.
- Meeting minutes are archived for 8 years.
- Meeting agendas are archived for 8 years.
- A meeting calendar is available and names the times and locations of public meetings.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to 2001 are available.
- The main page states that the public can contact the commissioners office for information regarding contracts.
- Public Records
- The main page states, "All public records are available via the appropriate County Office or Department, which are listed on the upper left-hand side of this website."
- Each department lists a contact, mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Bids and RFPs are not posted online.
- Approved contract statements are not available online for vendors above $10,000.
- ↑ Waldo County, Budgets, Accessed: November 26, 2012
- ↑ Waldo County, Elected Officials, Accessed: November 26, 2012
- ↑ Emails, Accessed: Jan. 8, 2013
- ↑ Waldo County, Meeting Minutes and Agendas, Accessed: November 26, 2012
- ↑ Waldo County, Audits, Accessed: November 26, 2012
- ↑ Waldo County, Treasurer, Accessed: November 26, 2012
- ↑ Waldo County, Lobbying declaration on the main page, Accessed: November 26, 2012