|Louisiana House Of Representatives District 95|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 17, 2007|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Profession||Financial Investment Analyst|
Hines is a financial investment analyst. He earned his BGS from the University of Michigan.
Hines is a member of the Orleans Delegation.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Hines served on the following committees:
State Executive Official elections
| Kentucky • Louisiana |
Mississippi • West Virginia
|News • Calendar|
On February 16, 2011, Hines announced he would challenge incumbent Republican Tom Schedler and Democratic attorney Caroline Fayard in the 2011 election for Louisiana Secretary of State. Hines withdrew from the race on August 11, announcing he would not be running for any public office in 2011.
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 95 (2007)|
|Walker Hines (D)||2,638|
|Una Anderson (D)||2,314|
In 2007, a year in which Hines was up for election, he collected $210,015 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Joseph C. Canizaro||$5,000|
|Capital Investment Management Inc.||$5,000|
|Crescent Bank & Trust||$5,000|
|Herschel L. Abbott, Jr.||$3,500|
- Campaign website for Secretary of State
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- ↑ nola.com, State Rep. Walker Hines switching to Republican Party, giving GOP House majority, November 12, 2010
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hines
- ↑ The Times-Picayune, "Rep. Walker Hines running for secretary of state," February 16, 2011.
- ↑ Times-Picayune, "Rep. Walker Hines withdraws from secretary of state race; will not seek any office," August 11, 2011
- ↑ Official Louisiana House of Representatives 2007 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money Campaign Contributions, 2007
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 95
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |