|January 11, 2011 - present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Cary Kennedy (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Two consecutive terms|
|Master's||London School of Economics, Harvard Business School|
|Profession||CEO and CFO|
Prior to being elected, Stapleton served as CEO and CFO of various private and publicly traded companies.
- Graduate degree in business economics - London School of Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Harvard Business School
- Bachelor degree - Williams Collegeref name="bio">Colorado Treasury Office, "Biography" accessed September 27, 2012</ref>
Stapleton was elected to his position on November 2, 2010 and took office on January 11, 2011.
- See also: Public pensions in Colorado
Colorado government pensions are governed by the Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA). In November 2013, the PERA voted to lower its expectations on investments from 8 to 7.5 percent. Stapleton estimated that the change would increase the unfunded liability by $6 billion. Stapleton had previously advocated for lowering the rate of return, while warning of the likelihood of a fund collapse. The vote passed narrowly, 8-7.
Stapleton is running for re-election. He will seek the Republican nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Stapleton won a narrow election to become Colorado Treasurer on November 2, 2010.
|Colorado Treasurer, 2010|
|Election Results Via: Colorado Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Stapleton is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Stapleton raised a total of $695,296 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Walker Stapleton's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$695,296|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Walker Stapleton's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Walker Stapleton's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,046,223 (Democrat)|
|Top 5 contributors||Walker Stapleton||$357,662|
|Carole L. McVaney||$2,100|
|Charles Edward McVaney||$2,100|
Stapleton currently resides in Arapahoe County with his wife Jenna, son Craig and daughter Colette.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Walker + Stapleton + Colorado + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado Department of the Treasury
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Biography from Treasury Department
- Walker Stapleton Facebook Page
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Fox 31, Walker Stapleton to seek second term as Colo. Treasurer, July 11, 2013
- Walker T. Stapleton Facebook Page, "Info" accessed September 27, 2012
- Miami Herald, "Colorado state pension fund lowers expectations," November 15, 2013
- Denver Post, "Colorado PERA lowers investment expectation to 7.5 percent return," November 15, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 4, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Career financing for Walker Stapleton," accessed July 8, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
Cary Kennedy (D)
| Succeeded by|