|South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture|
|January 8, 2011 - April 29, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Dennis Daugaard (R)|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University (1974)|
Bones left the position to return to farming.
A farmer, Bones raises cattle, corn, soybeans, and wheat. He has been active in a number of related associations, including the National Corn Growers Association, the Midwest Dairy Association, the South Dakota Hereford Association, the South Dakota Cattleman’s Association, and the South Dakota Farm Bureau. Bones served on the Minnehaha County Planning and Zoning Commission for ten years.
- BA, Animal Science, Iowa State University, 1974
South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture (2011-2013)
Bones served as South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture from January 2011 to April 29, 2013.
In announcing his retirement Bones stated, “It has truly been an honor to serve as Secretary of Agriculture. I’ve served with a group of dedicated public servants – from the Governor, who really understands the role of agriculture, to his staff and Cabinet members, our Legislature, and especially Department of Agriculture employees, everyone has worked hard to promote and protect the best interests of our industry.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Walt + Bones + South + Dakota"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ South Dakota Department of Agriculture, "Secretary of Agriculture Walt Bones," accessed July 23, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dakota Broadcasting, "Walt Bones to Retires as Sec of Ag," April 2013
- ↑ NASDA, "Walt Bones," accessed March 7, 2013
- ↑ Brownfield, "New South Dakota ag secretary appointed," December 23, 2010
|South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|