|Mississippi State Senate District 25|
|2000 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|Representative, Mississippi State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
|Place of birth||Jackson, MS|
|Profession||Commercial Real Estate|
Michel served in the Mississippi State House of Representatives in 1992. He then joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2000 and served until 2012.
Michel works in Commercial Real Estate.
Michel attended Jackson Preparatory and the University of Mississippi.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Michel was appointed to these committees:
- Business and Financial Institutions Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Economic Development Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Executive Contingent Fund Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Forestry Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Labor Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Municipalities Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Property Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Walter Michel raised $181,329 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 25|
|Walter Michel (R)||15,101||74.8%|
|Michael Hardin (D)||5,086||25.2%|
In 2009 Walter Michel collected $64,655 in donations. 
His three largest contributors in 2009 were:
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
|Mississippi State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|