|Virginia Senate District 12|
|1992 - Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Place of birth||Fredericksburg, VA|
Stosch served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1983 to 1992.
Stosch received a B.S. in accounting and a M.B.A. at the University of Richmond. Stosch is a Certified Public Accounting and Consultant.
Stosch is a principal consultant at Stosch, Dacey & George, P.C.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Stosch served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor Committee
- Finance, Chairman
- General Laws and Technology
- Rehabilitation and Social Services
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Stosch served on the following committees:
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2007
Stosch raised $897,652 for his campaign.
|Virginia State Senate, District 12 (2007)|
|Walter Stosch (R)||26,265||97.27%|
In 2011, Stosch received $456,612 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Walter Stosch's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$14,968|
|Virginia Society Of CPAs||$11,500|
|Wynne, John O||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$456,612|
Below are Stosch's top five campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|Virginia Senate Leadership Trust||$20,249|
|E. Claiborne Robins Jr.||$20,000|
|Dominion (Energy & Natural Resources)||$18,000|
Stosch was born in Fredericksburg, Virginia on August 18, 1936. Stosch is a member of the Monument Heights Baptist Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Walter + Stosch + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Legislature
- Virginia State Senate
- Virginia Senate Committees
- Virginia state legislative districts
- Sen. Stosch's website
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007
- Walter Stosch on Facebook
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "November 2011 General Election Official Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "November 6, 2007 General Election Official Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2007 Campaign contributions," accessed May 28, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
Edwina Dalton (R)
|Virginia Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|