Wanda Crupper Hammons
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 61|
|High school||Grant County High School (1978)|
Hammons has worked as a rural firefighter and EMT for thirteen years.
Hammons' website highlights the following campaign themes:
The Next Generation
- Excerpt:"Our leaders must be role models for the next generation and demonstrate the values and qualities that we want to see in our children as they develop into adulthood. I will be that kind of leader as a state representative."
- Excerpt:"Our seniors shouldn’t have to worry about having the healthcare they need to live a comfortable life in their golden years."
- Excerpt:"As a state legislator, I will be a voice of knowledge and experience when it comes to supporting our firefighters, police and sheriff’s departments and emergency medical technicians."
The Economy and Taxes
- Excerpt:"I will be a watchdog and a good steward of the public tax dollars that are entrusted to the public officials."
- Excerpt:"I will support measures to increase transparency so that the public knows how their money is being spent and who is making those decisions."
Hammons ran in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 61. She defeated Camilla "Kay" Patton in the Democratic primary on May 22, 2012, and was defeated by Brian E. Linder (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 61, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brian Linder Incumbent||58.7%||9,387|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 61 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Wanda Crupper Hammons||61.3%||1,755|
|Camilla "Kay" Patton||38.7%||1,107|
Hammons and her husband Dewayne have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wanda + Hammons + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook campaign page
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |