|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 7|
|1998 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
Jennings attended Memphis State University. Her professional experience includes working as a businesswoman.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Jennings served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Fees and Salaries of Public Officers|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Military Affairs, Chair|
|• Workforce Development|
|• Youth and Family Affairs|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Jennings served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• State Library, Vice Chair|
|• Apportionment and Elections|
|• Congressional Redistricting|
|• Legislative Reapportionment|
Since 1997, Jennings has hosted a yearly gathering of both current and aspiring Mississippi political figures. In 2011, the topic focused on most in the Jennings living room was education funding. Jennings told her guests that the 2011 gathering represented the largest political gathering of statewide candidates to appear in DeSoto County in the history of her living room forum.
On November 8, 2011, Jennings won re-election to District 7 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. She ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Jennings was re-elected in District 7. She ran unopposed in both the primary and general elections.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 7 (2007)|
|Wanda Jennings (R)||3,016||100.00%|
In 2011, Jennings received $5,100 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Wanda Jennings's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$500|
|Mississippi Medical Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$5,100|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,371|
|Cost of each vote received||$0.95|
In 2007, Jennings collected $6,600 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Mississippi Manufactured Housing Association||$1,000|
|Advance America Cash Advance||$500|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$500|
|Mississippi Association of Mortgage Brokers||$450|
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$400|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Jennings has been a member of the DeSoto Area Republican Women, Secretary of the DeSoto County Republican Party, Director of the Olive Branch Community Theatre, and a member of the Southaven Chamber of Commerce.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Wanda + Jennings + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jennings
- DeSoto Times, "Candidates converge on DeSoto," June 18, 2011
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces “Mississippi Leaders With Newt”," March 12, 2012
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012 (Archived)
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Wanda Jennings
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 7
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |