Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 134|
Mercado-Arroyo was removed from the ballot on March 5, 2012 after a petition challenge.
Mercado-Arroyo's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Having worked in Public education I know what's working and what needs to be fixed. Let me take these insights to Harrisburg. Let’s put the public back in charge of public education; furthermore, let’s provide school choice in education."
- Excerpt:"Let’s do what we need to do to provide for those less fortunate than us. Pennsylvania already has programs in place that provide health care services for the poor. If need be, we can expand these programs to fill any gaps. This will prove to be, by far, the less expensive remedy for our state’s health care woes. By the way, abortion and contraception are not health care."
Jobs & Taxes
- Excerpt:"I am a small businessperson, I understand how difficult the government makes it for an employer to hire and maintain employees. I will take this knowledge to Harrisburg and demand the government mind its own business and let us mind to ours."
- Excerpt:"Government cannot be guided by what it wants to do but what its taxpayers will allow and can afford it to do. Isn’t it time for legislators to put “we the taxpayer” first when they write the state budget? I believe it is."
- Excerpt:"Promote and encourage the responsible development of coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. Marcellus Shale is essential for creating new jobs. We must facilitate efforts to make our state the leader in energy independence. We can make it happen."
Mercado-Arroyo withdrew from the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 134. Arlene Dabrow and Ryan Mackenzie are running in the Republican primary on April 24. Patrick Slattery is running unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
Note: District 134 is currently vacant pending a special election on April 24.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Wanda + Mercado-Arroyo + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |