Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 16th|
According to Rohl's website, her campaign themes included:
- Social Safety Net: "Contrary to what many would have us believe, those who rely on these programs do so through desperation and not a desire to avoid responsibilities."
- Education: "The future of our nation depends upon having a well-educated population, not simply a well-educated upper class. Public education, an equal education for every citizen, is one of our country’s greatest inventions."
- Jobs: "But when despite our hard work jobs are outsourced to other countries, simply to fatten the corporate bottom line, it’s not only a crisis for individual workers; it’s a crisis for our entire country."
Rohl was defeated by Republican Adam Kinzinger. Rohl ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Illinois' 16th District. She was defeated by Adam Kinzinger (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 16 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Adam Kinzinger Incumbent||61.8%||181,789|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 16, 2012 - Wanda Rohl Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$2,034,419|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,972,830|
|Top contributors to Wanda Rohl's campaign committee|
|State of Illinois||$2,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Civil Servants/Public Officials||$3,000|
|Crop Production & Basic Processing||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Wanda + Rohl + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "current Candidate Details," accessed September 5, 2012
- Rohl for Congress, "Issues," accessed October 4, 2012
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Current Candidate Listinf for the 16th District," accessed September 5, 2012
- OpenSecrets, "2012 Election" accessed March 23, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |