Warren County, Kentucky
- See also: Evaluation of Kentucky county websites
- Agendas and meeting information are posted, but meeting minutes are not.
- Bid opportunities are posted.
- Administrative officials' contact information is provided within department pages.
- Building permits are posted.
- Zoning information is available.
- Tax rates are posted.
- Budget information is not posted.
- Fiscal court members are listed, but contact information is not provided.
- Information is not provided administrative officials.
- County audits not posted.
- The site does not disclose if the county belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- No information is available on public records requests.
The Judge-Executive is Mike Buchanon. The Fiscal Court Magistrates are: James (Doc) Kaelin, Dan Rudloff, Tony Payne, Tommy Hunt, Terry Young, and Darrell Traughber.
Taxes passed in 2007
Despite a campaign promise by Judge-Executive Mike Buchanon that no taxes would be passed in 2007 the following were enacted:
- ORD 07_18 WC OCCUPATIONAL TAX
- ORD 07_23 WC Plum Springs and Warren County Joint Stormwater Sewer Agency Tax
- RES 07_32 Resolution Establishing A Public Health Tax
- RES 07_35 Resolution Establishing A Millage Tax
- RES 07_36 Resolution Establishing A Cooperative Extension Education Tax
- ORD 07_34 WC A County Library Tax
The Budget Finance and Revenue Committee Task Force reported that the county was suffering a $3 million shortfall in the budget due to mandated increases in government programs. The task force initially asked for a 10 percent tax to be placed on insurance premiums though it was later reduced to 5-7 percent and later abolished due to public outcry.
Now that the Fiscal year has ended and all the tallies are in, the year end budget is finished as of June 30, 2008. The County funds finished the year out as follows: The amended FY2007 budget was $33,900,491.48 of which $36,801,082.28 was actually received. From that $36,801,082.28, only $27,184,748.14 was actually spent leaving $9,616,334.14 untouched.
Private research, however, has placed the county debt at $2.3 million instead.
Warren County cities & towns
- Bowling Green
- Plum Springs
- Smiths Grove
- Warren County Government website
- Warren County page
- Warren County Clerk's office
- Warren County Drug Task Force
- Warren County Schools
- Warren County Courts (dead link)
- Warren County on FreedomKentucky (dead link)
- History of Warren County by Nancy Baird (dead link)
- Wikipedia on Warren County, Kentucky
- Warren County, "Agendas," accessed December 15, 2011
- Warren County, "Bids," accessed December 15, 2011
- Warren County, "Building & Electric Services," accessed December 15, 2011
- Warren Planning Commission Accessed December 15, 2011
- County Tax Rates Warren County PVA "Tax Rates," accessed December 15, 2011
- Warren County, "Fiscal Court," accessed December 15, 2011
- Fiscal Court
- Plea for no tax
- Daily News, Public hearings on proposed tax, March 15, 2007
- Warren County 2007 Budget, privately researched