Warren Scott Nail
|Warren Scott Nail|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina State Senate, District 4|
Nail's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "I believe that the proper function of government is to do for the people whose things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well, by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people."
- "I believe that good government is based on the individual and that each person's ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized."
- "I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative have given this nation an economic system second to none."
- "I believe sound money management should be our goal."
- "I believe in equal rights, equal justice, equal responsibility and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex, or national origin."
- "I believe we must retain those principles of the past worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view."
- "I believe Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world."
- "Finally, I believe that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government."
Nail ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 4. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8. He was defeated by Ed Jones in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ed Jones Incumbent||72.3%||63,666|
|Republican||Warren Scott Nail||27.7%||24,363|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Warren + Nail + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart