Washington 1942 ballot measures
- One of the measures was an Initiative to the People.
- Three of the measures were veto referendums.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Two of the measures were approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 151||Welfare||Provides public assistance grants and medical services to the elderly||
|VR||Referendum 22||Insurance||Expands industrial insurance by increasing workers' benefits, raising the age of minor dependents, and lengthening the time allowed to file a claim||
|VR||Referendum 23||Judiciary||Provides an independent attorney to assist and advise a grand jury||
|VR||Referendum 24||Judiciary||Forbids prosecuting attorneys to give advise to a grand jury||
|LRSS||Referendum 6||Taxes||Limits the tax levy rate property for state, county, city or town, school district and road purposes to forty mills and limits the tax levy for public universities to two wills||
|HJR 4||Taxes||Defines income as distinct from property, empowers the legislature to enact graduated net income taxes and provides for income tax deductions and exemptions||