Washington 1950 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Four of the measures were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 172||Welfare||Transfers the state's public assistance medical program to the Department of Health|
|ITP||Initiative 176||Welfare||Increases to $65.00 a month the minimum grant for certain categories of public assistance|
|VR||Referendum 28||Health Care||Establishes a system of disability compensation for certain types of employees|
|LRSS||Referendum 7||Bonds||Authorizes $40 million in bonds for constructing public school buildings|
|LRSS||Referendum 8||Bonds||Authorizes $20 million in bonds for constructing charitable, educational and penal buildings|
|LRSS||Referendum 9||Bonds||Authorizes $20 million in bonds for constructing public college and university buildings|
|SJR 9||Property||Permits ownership of land by Canadians who are citizens of provinces wherein citizens of Washington can own land|
|HJR 10||Gov't Finances||Permits school districts to become indebted when authorized by popular vote|