Washington 1968 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- One of the measures was an Initiative to the Legislature
- Six of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Twelve of the measures were approved and one was defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 242||Alcohol||Provides that any person operating a motor vehicle on the roadway shall be deemed to have consented to a breath test||
|ITP||Initiative 245||Business||Reduces the maximum amount which may be assessed as a service charge||
|VR||Referendum 35||Civil Rights||Adds discrimination based on race, creed, color or national origin as a cause for the suspension of real estate licenses||
|LRSS||Referendum 17||Bonds||Authorizes $25 million in bonds for waster pollution control facilities||
|LRSS||Referendum 18||Bonds||Authorizes $40 million for outdoor recreation areas and facilities||
|LRSS||Referendum 19||Bonds||Authorizes $63 million in bonds for public building projects||
|ITL||Initiative 32||Business||Creates the Full Employment Commission and requires primary processing of certain timber harvests from the state to take place in a facility employing residents of the state||
|SJR 5||Pension||Permits the investment of public pension and retirement funds as authorized by law||
|SJR 6||Judiciary||Establishes the Washington Court of Appeals||
|SJR 17||Admin of Gov't||Authorizes the legislature to create a state building authority||
|SJR 24||Legislature||Defines the qualifications necessary for an appointment to fill a vacancy in state or country offices||
|HJR 1||Taxes||Provides that property be taxed based on use rather than potential use for open space properties||
|HJR 13||Gov't Salaries||Provides for an increase in compensation for government officials who do not fix their own compensation||
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1968 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state