Washington 1973 ballot measures
- One of the measures was an Initiative to the People.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were approved and five were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 282||Gov't Salaries||Limits the salaries of elected officials and judges|
|VR||Referendum 36||Alcohol||Lowers the drinking age from 21 to 19|
|LRSS||Referendum 32||Elections||Requires county auditors to appoint precinct committee-people of major political parties to assist in registering voters|
|LRSS||Referendum 33||Transportation||Adds extra fees to personalized vehicle license plates to be used for wildlife conservation|
|HJR 22||Development||Permits local governments to finance development projects through TIFs and resulting increased tax revenues|
|HJR 37||Taxes||Instates a graduated net income tax, prohibits excess levies for schools, and limits excise taxes|
|HJR 40||Taxes||Applies the excess levy validation formula to bonds payable from such levies|
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1973 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |