Washington 1986 ballot measures
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- One of the measures was an Initiative to the Legislature.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Four of the measures was approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|LRSS||Referendum 40||Nuclear||Authorizes state officials to continue challenging the federal selection of nuclear waste repository locations|
|ITL||Initiative 90||Taxes||Increases sales tax to fund wildlife conservation and recreation programs|
|SJR 136||Judiciary||Expands the authority and membership of the commission reviewing judicial conduct|
|SJR 138||Elections||Modifies the process of filling vacancies in state legislative and county offices|
|HJR 49||Gov't Salaries||Establishes an independent commission to set salaries for elected officials|
|HJR 55||Education||Permits voters to approve tax levies to finance school construction not exceeding six years|
- 1986 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state