Washington 1991 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Two of the measures were Initiatives to the Legislature
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were approved and six were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 553||Term Limits||Imposes term limits on the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, State Legislatures and the state's delegation to the U.S. Congress|
|ITP||Initiative 559||Taxes||Sets property values for tax purposes back to the January 1, 1985 value|
|LRSS||Referendum 42||Taxes||Funds an emergency telephone dialing system through a tax on telephone lines|
|ITL||Initiative 119||Assisted Death||Legalizes assisted death in cases of medically terminal conditions|
|ITL||Initiative 120||Abortion||Declares that a woman has a right to choose physician performed abortion prior to fetal viability|
|SJR 8203||Local Gov't||Allows for an alternative method of drafting county home rule charters|
|HJR 4821||Judiciary||Allows counties to establish the number of Superior Court Commissioners|
|Sub. HJR 4221||Judiciary||Removes "cases in equity" from the jurisdiction of the Superior Court|
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1991 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state