Washington 1997 ballot measures
- Five of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were approved and six were defeated.
On the ballot
|LRSS||Referendum 48||Athletics||Authorizes a public stadium authority to build and operate a sports stadium financed by tex revenues and private contributions, specifically the Qwest Field|
|ITP||Initiative 673||Health Care||Can health insurance plans be regulated as to provision of services by designated health care providers|
|ITP||Initiative 676||Firearms||Criminalizes the transfer of handguns not equipped with a trigger-lock and mandates the licensing of firearms|
|ITP||Initiative 677||Civil Rights||Prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation in employment, employment agencies and labor organizations|
|ITP||Initiative 678||Health Care||Allows dental hygienists who have obtained special licensing to perform without the supervision of a licensed dentist.|
|ITP||Initiative 685||Marijuana||Decriminalizes medical marijuana and proscribes treatment, education and community service for non-violent drug users|
|LRSS||Referendum 47||Taxes||Allows assessors to adjust property valuation where value increased due to the real estate market|
|HJR 4208||Taxes||Permits voter-approved school district tax levies to run for four years|
|HJR 4209||Gov't Finances||Permits local governments to make loans for improvements upon stormwater or sewer services|
- 1997 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state