Washington 2000 ballot measures
- Six of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Five of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 713||Hunting||Makes hunting animals with body-gripping traps or poison a gross misdemeanor|
|ITP||Initiative 722||Taxes||Limits property tax increases to 2% per year and nullifies certain 1999 tax increases.|
|ITP||Initiative 728||Education||Reduces class sizes, extends learning programs, expands teacher training, and constructs facilities, funded by lottery proceeds, property taxes, and budget reserves|
|ITP||Initiative 729||Education||Authorizes the establishment of charter public schools|
|ITP||Initiative 732||Labor||Allows teachers and other school district employees to receive cost-of-living salary adjustments|
|ITP||Initiative 745||Transportation||Mandates that 90% of transportation funds be spent constructing and maintaining roads and exempts road construction from sales tax|
|SJR 8214||Gov't Finances||Removes the constitutional limitations on investment of funds held in trust for people with developmental disabilities|
- 2000 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state